Para Kore programme
Tuesday, 6 October 2015
Wananga Para Kore ki Porirua
Horouta Marae, 9am – 2pm Sunday 18 October 2015
Para Kore values are whakapapa, manaakitanga, māramatanga and kaitiakitanga
Purpose of the Hui
1. To provide education and upskill marae whānau
2. To form relationships – whakawhanaungatanga (whakapapa)
3. To share resources and information (māramatanga)
At the end of the day marae whānau:
1. Understand that all our rubbish, stuff, is created from natural resources which we through whakapapa are related to.
2. Can name natural resources that make: glass, plastic, steel, aluminium and paper/cardboard.
3. Can give examples of things that are made of glass, plastic, steel, aluminium and paper/cardboard.
4. Can identify non-renewable and renewable resources.
5. Can name the five chapters of ‘the system of stuff’.
6. Can identify how atua are affected, impacted upon, troubled, altered, damaged, distressed, destroyed due to ‘the system of stuff’.
7. Understand the take-make-dispose system is linear and not cyclical.
8. Understand what can be recycled, what can’t be, what’s compostable, what’s good for feeding to animals and worms and what must be sent to landfill.
At the end of the wananga marae whānau have:
1. Whakawhanaungatanga (sense of team).
2. Shared information, resources and experiences with each other.
3. A ‘where to from here’ plan and know where to go for help.
4. Watched case study videos about other marae and heard from other marae.
9:30 Intros and hui outline: Why are we here?
9:45 Warm-up Activities
9:55 Para Kore Powerpoint
10:15 Workshop: Natural Resources Whakapapa
10:35 Workshop: System of Stuff
11 am Wā Whakatā
11:30 Wehewehe Para: Visual Waste Check
12:00 Setting up Recycling Systems – Bins and Signage
12:20 Videos: Case Studies and other
12:45 Kai Rānui
1:15 Each marae discuss: Current Situation, Exploring Alternatives, Taking Action & Where to From Here
1:30 Feedback to whole group
1:40 Questions and queries
1:50 Feedback about the day
Ka nui te mihi ki a koutou e whai ana i tēnei kaupapa, kia ora ai a Ranginui rāua ko Papatūānuku me ā rāua tamariki.