Department of Conservation | Ranger, Partnerships, Wellington
Tuesday, 12 May 2015
Are you keen to be part of managing conservation in the Wellington region? Do you enjoy managing processes, and supporting, promoting and enabling others in conservation? As a Ranger, Partnerships you will be part of a highly motivated team, focused on managing and building relationships with iwi, communities, business and other agencies.
You will be responsible for:
- managing the provision of opportunities for others through permits and concessions
- providing input to statutory land administration and Resource Management Act processes
- supporting other team members in building new partnership opportunities and growing local conservation projects
- promoting conservation, lifting awareness and educating others on the value of conservation and ecosystem services
- assisting with Treaty settlement implementation actions in partnership with iwi.
The ideal applicant will have:
- a tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in managing statutory or formal processes in a conservation or environment context
- experience in working collaboratively with community, iwi, government agencies or business groups and be comfortable and professional when working with a wide variety of people
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- a structured and methodical approach to planning and organising projects and managing processes, with an attention to detail
- a passion and knowledge about conservation.
Please apply online here careers.doc.govt.nz. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description. To view a role description, click the Apply button.
For any queries, please contact Leigh Bramley at email@example.com , or telephone (04) 470 8412, quoting vacancy 70/4203.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 25 May 2015.
Disclaimer - This panui is not associated or in conjunction with the activities of Te Runanga o Toa Rangatira. If you have any queries regarding the kaupapa please contact the person detailed in the panui directly.